Wednesday 11 April 2018

Valentinus and Mongo


I switched to some different models for a quick Munera Sine Missione test game this evening - the retiarius Valentinus and the myrmillo Mongo. I had planned to use the half an hour I had to run through a couple of games, but the one bout filled most of it, and the two fighters danced from one end of the arena to the other. Valentinus tired more quickly; he was able to keep at a range and make constant net and trident attacks, whilst Mongo couldn't close fast enough to get in a good strike with his sword. He was netted once, but struggled free and, when netted again, sliced the net to pieces, rendering it useless. Valentinus managed to get around his unshielded side and cause a nasty wound, but neither gladiator could finish the other off. In the end I had to create a rule on the fly for the referee ending the bout if both gladiators are exhausted, which I will look at developing further to cover exhausted gladiators accruing more fatigue knowing that there will be no additional penalties.


1 comment:

  1. Nice report, sounds like an even match. Lately I've been limiting my games to 10 rounds. Rather weirdly, once I did this, most games finished before the 10th round, as if the dice knew time was running out...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...